Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Retro Halloween

Ready for another tour through the American Classics Marketplace?  Do I hear groans?  I do it every year because the items I find are so weird.  Plus I got a tip off from my goth hairdresser that that's where some of the vendors from the Odditities and Fear Fest house their inventory. I was pretty intrigued.  Michael Myers as a Catholic saint certainly ticks all the boxes.

A whole glass case full of fabulous masks.


This booth is always bewitching with their witch supplies.  They have tarot, crystal balls, candles, incense and lots of other goodies.
When the Last Rites Art and Oddities store closed, their inventory was moved.  I wonder if that is what my hairdresser was talking about?
 They feature a little of Madam Talbot's Low Brow Art just like Whiskey Jack.

Blow molds are always fun.
Lots of taxidermy to be had.  All of it very pricey.

 What caught my eye?

I came home with this cute spider bowl and plate set.  The spreaders are the spider legs.  This great pillow below also became part of my haunt.

Check out Countdown to Halloween for more spooky Halloween blogs.



9 comments:

  1. You know, there's not enough oddities stores around, in my opinion. Those test tubes with the big eyeball stoppers caught my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those eyeball test tubes are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The spreaders are the spider legs." It took me some searching to figure what spider leg spreaders were.
    I have an eyeball like that. When I first got it, I would pretend to sneeze and drop the eyeball on a table and let it roll away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Myers candle definitely a winner. Would have gone home with that. My daughter and I went through an oddities and antique store in Salem a couple of weeks back and there were lots of fun finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee - the Myers candle certainly a conversation piece. Lucky you hanging in Salem near Halloween.

      Delete
    2. Wonderful to be there and to wander around. But the crowds have grown SO MUCH that now it is jam-packed. There are literally lines for everything, from museums and attractions, to stores and restaurants. My advice for anyone is plan on lots of people, and if there are places you want to go, call ahead. Some were pre-selling admission online. No walk ups allowed.

      Delete
    3. Sounds like a Covid Super Spreader to me!

      Delete
    4. Would not be surprised and, if I had known how it had changed, I would have gone off-season.

      Delete