Thursday, October 20, 2022

Little Crappy Crafts

 I am running out of time to finish the haunt.  All these annoying little projects have been taking up space in my skull for awhile and I am down to the wire to get them done.  The "Queen of Procrastination" is dead and in her place, "Miss Seize the Day".

Let's check out some of the crappy little crafts I have finished.  I found frosted glass spray at Who Gives a Scrap months ago and applied it to this bottle through a cardboard stencil.  I am not sure I am really impressed with the effect and need another witch jar like a hole in the head so after the haunt, this one will hit the donation box.

This great lizard skeleton I picked up from Dollar Tree.  I think it makes a nice shadow box for the bony bathroom.  I made the box and frame out of scrap stuff from the garage using my Makita chop saw and wood glue.  It is painted with black chalk paint.  The skeleton is painted with linen chalk paint and rubbed with brown wax.  I like chalk paint because it sticks to everything with absolutely no priming required - a real time saver.
 I found the this laser cut wood sign at Michaels.  It was bare wood so I stained it in walnut and used black and linen chalk paint to bring out the details.  A little white wax helped to age the whole thing.
 I manage to cut some glass again for these little candle holders.  I did it last year but used scrap glass from Full Spectrum Art Glass.  Little did I know it had been scored.  Add a hot candle behind the glass and presto, it fractured along the most beautiful curvy score lines.  I wizened up and used new glass.  Hopefully it won't happen again.

For the Spooky Spread, I made these food labels.  I used a much bigger print than in the past because my friends and I are aging .  Seeing in the dark can be a challenge and I do want everyone to know what they are eating in case of dietary restrictions.  The little cans and pumpkin picks came from the Dollar Tree so it cost me about $5.00 to make 8 of them.  

The time crunch is on but you still can peruse the great blogs at Countdown to Halloween.


 

10 comments:

  1. I think your crafts look great! And I know what you mean by the necessity for larger fonts. I'm getting to be blind as a bat these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aging brings new surprises everyday doesn't it?

      Delete
  2. I went back to the 2014 post. http://www.bakingglory.com/recipes/breads/monkey-brains/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all I see here, so I don't know what that says about my taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it says you appreciate low brow crafts.

      Delete
  4. Nice blog and very informative thank you for sharing such a great blog and beautiful pictures.
    Thank You.
    Shadow Deck Hero Card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects. I kept thinking we started summer with enough time to get the graveyard done. Finished it last night! Trying something new this year... taking notes. Things I want to fix, add on, and new ideas for next year. Hope you have a fabulous party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I think notes are invaluable if you can find them again!

      Delete