Monday, October 11, 2021

Little Jobs

 Throughout the year as I am browsing, I pick up bits and bobs that I think will be cute in the haunt.  Most are craft projects that get stored dumped in a bin with the intention of tarting them up later.  Being a spacey old gal, I forget them.  Enter Oct. and I am finding all those little craft projects I had intended to do since 2018 when I last put up a full haunt. 

So now, under time pressure, I need to get something done.

For example, I picked up these fun damask coaster at Who Gives a Scrap for a couple of dollars.

The picture can be changed in the center.  So in honor of the wedding, I stuck a cute skeleton couple in there.

  

Remember when I went kind of crazy buying little dolls at the Arc? 

Well I threw them in a trunk. As I was cleaning it out to install a monster, I found them, complete with their clothes I had dyed black.  So I made this one into a little witch.  I had the broom, the hat and little cauldron.  I just had to paint her green and she was ready to go.  Someday I will make her some shoes. Probably during the next time crunch before Halloween.  


Finally, I finished dead Ted with some creepy eyeballs and teeth that are sewn on with embroidery floss.
Dead Ted and the Witch are part of the Haunted nursery, which one must pass through in order to use the facilities in the dungeon.

8 comments:

  1. Nothing will stop me from getting to the facilities when the need arises. Dead Ted is going to get run over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "As I was cleaning it out to install a monster....."

    Never a dull moment.

    The skeleton couple looks sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it - never a dull moment at this time of the year.

      Delete
  3. The green witch is certainly a lot less scary than she was before the makeover…I can handle doll witches, but not just dolls *shudders*….and Dead Ted looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter thinks the green witch is the only doll that's cute. She hates Brittney and Megan, my other spooky dolls.

      Delete