Friday, August 28, 2020

Oh You Beautiful Doll

Brittney and Megan are lonely and need some friends, preferably with eyes.  Enter the doll gang.  I thrifted these last winter (before covid) and have been hiding them from his Lordship ever since. As you can see, they have all lost their clothes in a tub of black rit dye.
They required scalping. Yanking the hair off was surprisingly cathartic.  
I found them some new black doll hair courtesy of Who Gives a Scrap resale center.

Then they got their new frocks.
Here they sit awaiting their new look - they will need decorating as they are all too pretty.


6 comments:

  1. Awesome! Can't wait to see the final versions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it is just me...only I think that doll face, bottom photo middle, is crying out to be spooky clown with a black foam clown nose. ::: shudders:::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea - I will look for some clown baby inspiration.

      Delete
  3. Great idea. I think a black clown nose would be great on that open-mouth doll face would look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dolls are creepy. It's the uncanny valley.

    ReplyDelete