Sunday, August 30, 2020

Mini Me

I set out to create a mini me using this Irish Doll acquired last year from a thrift shop.  As you can see, she is long and weirdly shaped, not at all like short, plump, buxom Lady M. I discarded her long red hair and green dress as unsuitable for the job at hand.
However she did come with these great black garments: petticoat, bloomers, boots and stockings.  I found her a suitable black wig from Who Gives a Scrap, repainted her a lovely shade of pale, added lots of make up, and fashioned a bodice out of one of those pesky thongs that came with my corset.
I believe it matched this corset. No I never have worn it so you don't have to think "gross she's making doll clothes out of discarded underwear".

Here she is - long elegant mini me.

The resemblance is uncanny.


                  

10 comments:

  1. I hope you will carry her around with you the next time you wear your corseted black finery! And be sure to carry on a running conversation with her as an added creepy element! You'll be the hit of any party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is, when we can have parties again. I will have to keep that in mind for post covid frolics.

      Delete
  2. How lovely! She needs a little skull to hold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A striking likeness indeed. Be careful you never stick a pin in it. Now you can manifest yourself in some of those doll houses.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, she a little large for the dollhouse. I need to find a 1:12 scale for that purpose and I have been looking. Sometimes it takes a long time to thrift exactly what you need.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I have been thinking about it for awhile - that's why I saved those thongs.

      Delete
  5. Have you ever watched "what we do in the shadows TV show? One of the main characters turned her soul into a doll. Now I'm not saying that's what you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen the movie not the TV show. Is it good? Now you've peaked my interest so I might have to watch just to see this doll.

      Delete