Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Gargoyle Makeover

 So despite this pair getting a new paint job in 2016,  Baby M soundly rejected them for her wedding decor unless they were less cheesy.

So enter the Dixie Belle black gilding wax.  I love this stuff.  It gives everything an amazing patina.
So I rubbed some on and hopefully, just a little of the cheesy has been removed.

They will be added to the back up decor and we'll see if they make the cut!

If you have not had a chance, pop over to the Countdown to Halloween and see all the exciting sites participating this year.


 


11 comments:

  1. Think they look rather nice either way, e.g. your 2016 updated look or with the new addition of the gilding wax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are easier to please than my daughter.

      Delete
    2. We had a pair of plastic resin gargoyles that we got from Target back in 2009 that we used to top the cemetery gate column props in that year's haunt. They were done in a green patina and we just loved them. Unfortunately one got damaged early that Halloween afternoon when the gate prop fell over when a quick storm passed through. Mr. Haunted Eve quickly repaired the one gargoyle and plastic fence used for the cemetery gate. Then the following year moving into our current house the untarnished gargoyle got dropped and was beyond repair. We had hoped that Target would have them for sale again or at least something similar, but it was not to be. We ended up finding other gargoyles for our haunts at Marshalls/Home Goods stores though.

      Delete
    3. I think I have one those green gargoyles - were yours hollow? Mine has broken along the base but I still squeeze in where the damage can't be seen.

      Delete
  2. The gargoyles look pleased with their tarting up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they are great in both versions. Great pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I got these online back in 2001 for a Harry Potter Party for Baby M's 9th Birthday.

      Delete
  4. Ooh! I love these Gargoyles! Before and after!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you - I think they are going to the wedding.

      Delete
  5. I think they look fabulous, they can come and visit me anytime!

    ReplyDelete