Sunday, October 10, 2021

Lance Inkwell - Halloween Retro Cute


 Lance Inkwell is an artist who came across my Instagram feed the other day and I just love his work.  It has that fun retro feel of really early cartoons.  His subjects have long tubular limbs,  big shoes and gloved hands like the early work of Walt Disney and Max Fleischer.  He does a lot of Halloween subject matter and lives in Denver.  I need to keep my eyes open for a show or exhibitions. Currently there is a limited collection of work in his store.  I orders the two below:

How to Summon Spooky Spirits Square Image .JPG
 Aren't they great? They are perfect for my haunted nursery under construction in the basement guest room.  Once they arrived I picked up some thrifted frames on senior day at the ARC.  That's they day when I get 1/2 off as I am over 55. One of the only perks of aging. 
 
I gave those frames a coat of black paint and the mats a coat of orange chalk paint.  I am pretty chuffed with how they look.


You can check out his website here and his instagram page here.

13 comments:

  1. Love the vintage style Halloween art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - there are some artist doing really cute stuff.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes - they remind me of the old movies we used to watch when we were little. My Dad had a projector and a bunch of films from when he was a kid. Kicko the Kangaroo and Boy meets Dog.

      Delete
  3. Charmingly old school! And your framing job is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I am please with how they turned out.

      Delete
  4. I don't know why but I was looking for Garfield in the second picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that art, so beautifully whimsical and very Hallowe'en!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. They probably would not scare Wolfie either.

      Delete
  7. Just catching up on all your posts now…these are great!

    ReplyDelete