Saturday, October 5, 2019

The Return of the Skeletons

Skeletons are appearing all over our little mountain hamlet.  Since 2016, from Oct 1st till Oct. 30th, the merchants of Manitou have participated in the Skeleton Craze hosted by the Manitou Springs Creative District.  I have taken it upon myself to share them with you, the fine readers of my blog. 

Lane Mitchell Jewelers has another brilliant entry.  Last year it was the Queen of Diamonds.  This year they continue the royalty theme with Marie Antoinette.

What a great skeleton.  I love how she is holding her head.

Mavi Turkish Arts dressed their skeleton in some of their bright clothing.
The Manitou Arts Center has a skeleton that's had a run in with Aragog.  Looks like he's feasted and just left the bare bones.

Mountain High Gallery and Gifts has a little camping scene.


 Finally, we have a fine pair put forth by our very own Manitou Springs Heritage Center.
They have created Emma Crawford and her fiancee' Mr Hildabrant as they advertise the upcoming Ghost Tours.

The most exciting news this year is that I am to be on the panel of judges to decide the winners!


12 comments:

  1. These are all great! And congrats on being a JUDGE! How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I want that job! Congratulations! You'll let us know which way you're leaning, right? I could put some money on the winner...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Judging is going to be a tough one congrats and best wishes sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good old spooky skeleton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So who so far do you think is the spookiest?

      Delete
  5. I always look forward to your skeleton blog posts. :) That's so neat that you're going to be a judge! That Marie Antoinette skeleton is pretty cool. She's spooky enough as just a headless figure, but I like how there's an actual skull hidden under that wig and mask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think she is my favorite so far. Many more to see however.

      Delete
  6. The skeletons! One of these years I think I need to make Manitou Springs in October my holiday destination, you guys do so many cool things. How exciting being a judge this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manitou is a fine holiday destination with the coffin races being the star of the show. I am very excited to judge.

      Delete
  7. This is the most creative and fun skeleton display I've ever seen and I totally love them all! Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete