Sunday, October 6, 2019

Family Fun Craft Day

Sigh - have I told you my love of loves moved here last July?  His Lordship and I are thrilled to have Baby M just 20 minutes away.

Because she is as big a Halloween Junkie as I am, yesterday was family fun craft day!

We started the day off with a trip to Uncle Sams Pancake house for pumpkin coffee and pumpkin pancakes.  They were marginal pumpkin offerings at best.  The pumpkin just did not come through (I am channeling my inner Paul Hollywood).


Then we moved onto the crafts.  I bestowed this cabinet upon her last July.   She wants it to be a witch cabinet like her old moms but currently possesses 3 potion jars and a set of books. So crafting items to fill this was one of our activities.


Baby M chose some labels and sized them for her bottles.  We then printed on tea stain papers and used spray adhesive to put them on the bottles.  4 coats of glossy modge podge gave them a nice waterproof finish.  We put some twine and lace around the top and modified some corks from the recycling bag.  We also spray painted all lids black. 


We also made some plates with decals on them.
Finally we set up the graveyard in the front yard.  It sure was fun having her around. 

10 comments:

  1. Passing down your skills and lore to the next generation, eh? Excellent! Does Baby M have her own hat and broom yet? I bet she does!

    Glad to hear you're a Paul Hollywood fan too, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I can't get my eyes off that pancake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was more beautiful than it tasted.

      Delete
    2. In fact, in the words of Paul Hollywood, it was stodgie.

      Delete
  3. I love that you have a Lady M branded plate! Looks like you two had a ton of fun minus the pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s always fun delving into dark arts & crafts with the kids at any age. I love that she’s following in your footsteps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to eat these pancakes. And I love the witch cabinet.

    ReplyDelete