Friday, October 4, 2019

Yoga meets Halloween

I have practiced yoga for a long while now.  It is something I don't really share with my readership because, well, I have not been able to relate it to Halloween.

Until Now....

Introducing skeletons doing yoga. Somehow this is now a thing at many stores.   I wonder who thought of this?  It's just soooo weird.

Here we have a group of three.  The two on the left are seated in sukhasana (easy pose) with their hands in Anjali mudra and Chin mudra.  The one on the right is in full lotus. Mudras are hand gestures in case you were wondering.
Purchase this group here
I am not quite sure when this became such a trend but it is all over the web.  You can buy them from Michaels, Amazon, Trader Joes , and Etsy.  There are figurines, t-shirts, pillows, coffee cups, planters, hand towels - you name it and there is a skeleton doing yoga on it.
Purchase these here
This group is executing Navasana (boat pose),  devotional pose, and Ustasana (camel pose). 

Finally we have Bodda Konasana (butterfly pose), Adho Mukha Svanasana (downward dog pose) and Raja Kapotasana (king pigeon pose).

Next time I do yoga, I will channel my inner skeleton.  Especially, that smile.

14 comments:

  1. These are just too wild! I did yoga for a couple of years but there was just too much getting up and down from the floor for me. I prefer tai chi now because you do it standing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - some flow yoga is very much about getting up and down - sun salutes over and over. I practice many variations - Shivananda, Restorative, Aryuvedic, Ashanga, Hatha, Aqua and Flow so that I do not get bored with one type.

      Delete
    2. You sound like a true yoga pro! Very cool!

      Delete
    3. I have a wonderful membership at our wonderful hippy dippy spa, the Sunwater. It is a marvelous place to do yoga. We used to have a Tai Chi teacher but he left before I could give it a try.

      Delete
  2. Maybe they're limbering up for Halloween. Don't want to pull a...well, not a muscle since they don't have any. Joint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right although some are locking out their joints which one should never do!

      Delete
  3. They are worshiping their dark lord, Yoga-Sothoth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are funny! I did yoga for a few years as well, but I injured my piriformis muscle and have some sciatic problems, found the yoga made it worse. I tried a few that targeted the owie-areas, but I think it caused too much over-stretching when I needed to just let it rest. When I'm all healed up, I'm going to start doing it again. I loved how I felt afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yoga has a principle called Ahimsa - do no harm to yourself or others. It was good you stopped.

      Delete
  5. I did hot yoga this year a few times I really enjoyed it, but life started really happening so out the door it went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Bob - glad to hear you gave it a try and that it was good. I have never done hot yoga as I really don't like to be hot.

      Delete
  6. These skeletons seem to be doing fine.

    ReplyDelete