Thursday, October 3, 2019

Antiques and Resale

Yesterday I snuck away while his Lordship fished.  Under the guise of going "grocery shopping"  I really went over to my favorite antique store "The American Classics Marketplace" to look for Halloween items.  I was sorely disappointed as the dealer I have photographed and purchased from in the past was absent.   Here are some of the slim pickings the store did offer:
 Blow molds.
 This skull whose eyes flashed.  Unfortunately, I really don't need anything else that operates on batteries.
 Cute sign
A macabre floral display atop a cabinet with an inspirational quote.  I thought that was a bit ironic.

 Made over Dollar Store skulls and spiders
I almost went for this but in the end I felt the handle was to big to fit where I would want to place it.  Still it is a fun piece of art pottery.  No maker on the bottom which is why it was fairly inexpensive.

Pricey retro pumpkins

Cool walking sticks.

Sigh - I purchased a bar of homemade black soap.

To soothe my disappointed soul, I stopped at Goodwill. 
 He was cute - liked the bow tie.
 Cancy  and witcn?  Spelling obviously not on the list of job skills needed to decorate these pumpkins.
This 1980s candle holder in the shape of a werewolf hand was kind of cool but at $5.99, a bit too pricey.

Again - disappointed in the selection.  I did, however, pass a new oddities shop that I will check out.  Just have to wait for his Lordship to go fishing.



5 comments:

  1. The hunt is half the fun! Does His Lordship catch many fish on these fishing expeditions of his?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is quite an accomplish fly fisherman so yes. But he does not bring them home as it is all catch and release with barbless hooks.

      Delete
  2. The antique malls around me have scant Halloween merchandise as well, although I did find on case that had a pretty good selection of Rosbro candy holders. Unfortunately, they had outrageous prices. I think with vintage Halloween merchandise rising in value, people are selling on eBay rather than in the malls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right - there are a myriad of way to sell online so brick and mortar is tanking. We had 3 antique malls close in the last year alone.

      Delete