Friday, October 25, 2024

Glow at the Gardens

 On Wednesday Night, His Lordship and I attended Denver Botanical Gardens "Glow at the Gardens".

It was a fabulous event that wowed me at every turn. I had so many exciting and cool themes. I will take you through the first few areas as I have a lot of pictures.  I will save some for a later post.


 

As we entered, we went through the Mount Prospect Cemetery.  It was full of fun gravestones all with a botanical theme.  They had lots of night sounds - calling owls, crickets, crows and an even sparrows.  The lighting was very eerie.







"I can't Bayleaf it is over" ended the cemetery.  Next was the Catacombs - a weaving path of candles, bones, and dancing pumpkin people.










Next we had a dance of the mediums.


 Our path wound us into the vampires masoleum.  A crowd starred at an empty coffin and then we were jumped scared by a vampire actor inside.  It was a funny clever performance that had us all laughing heartily.

Here is a very poor picture of our vampire.


We found our way to the fear garden where we had a yummy vampire themed cocktail, saw the giant pumpkin and sat for a while taking in the skeleton band.
The skeleton band, The Dead, were real people in black with black light reflective skeleton suits on.  They were a riot to watch.





The giant pumpkin was grown in Centennial Colorado. It weighed just shy of 2,000 lbs.

Well this post is getting lengthy so I will finish the second half at a later date.  

No comments:

Post a Comment