Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Crystal Ball Makeover

 I acquired this cheap little Crystal Ball at the dollar store in their new $3.00 sections.  I like it but find it a little underwhelming so I decided to bedazzle it.

Who Gives a Scrap creative reuse center had a whole bunch of these little gems in bags.  I went a little crazy buying way more than I needed but they were inexpensive and I can always donate them back.
 I used Aleene's Tacky Glue to adhere the gems and went very slowly.  I did a little section and allowed it to dry.  I used a tiny paint brush to carefully apply the glue and a toothpick to position the gems.  

 

Here is the final result.  Now to find a cool light to go inside - the ball detaches from the base and there is room for a light.

It will live in a cabinet with fancy glasses so all the gems don't fall off in storage.


 

 


 

9 comments:

  1. What intricate design work and placement! Wow, it looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a lot of work! Now, what are you going to fill the crystal ball with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am going to look for a cool light. Perhaps something that swirls.

      Delete
  3. Not sure what is going on with signing in as Google is saying it doesn't know me. LOL I have little globe from Target the one a gold hand. Experimentation with lights still in progress only I like a little diffusion to hide the light. Tulle, crumpled up iridescent plastic, and various fibers with a flickering tea light. It's fun to experiment. Lovely bead work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google doesn't know me half the time either and it is my blog. I cannot wait to see what you have done with your globe.

      Delete
  4. What a superb work you did with that crystal ball! I bet you can read the future in it now.

    ReplyDelete