Tuesday, September 12, 2023

The Gitter is Going

 Baby M and I went Halloween Shopping and happily discovered that glitter in Halloween decorations appears to be on the outs.  That's good news for haunters and the environment. Almost anything that sparkles likely contains plastic-based glitter. Since glitter particles are so small, they're considered microplastics: a major source of ocean, air, and soil pollution.  So the end of glitter in Halloween should be something we can all celebrate..

JoAnnes had a brilliant collection, their best in years.  This adorable metal spider web caught my eye.  It is metal without a hint of glitter.

We loved these bookends!

These boxes are perfect for Creepmas gifts or Halloween storage. Love, love, love those spooky spiderwebs.


This pile of skulls is so cute.


Light up bats are really adorable.  

I know I am beginning to bore you but there was so much more.  I would recommend JoAnn's Fabric and Craft for you Halloween needs in 2023 - glitter and pastel free!

7 comments:

  1. I am never bored by your reviews of Halloween decor and accents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think I could proofread? That has alway been a challenge. Anyhow thanks for the vote of confidence. I feel like an awfully big bore these days.

      Delete
  2. I also loved Joanns decor this year, and you found a few pieces I missed! Love the skull and candle pile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comparing blogs, I think the box store all get a slightly different inventory so perhaps your store did not have them.

      Delete
  3. Yes, the glitter coated decorations can be a mess! Greeting cards with glitter as well. Another pet peeve of ours are decorative garlands that have "paint coated foam berries". We like to decorate our outside front entry way with our Halloween "decoy decorations" (since we don't set up the haunt until just before Halloween we still feel the need to be festive for the entire month) and for Christmas and any type of those paint coated foam berries stuck on the garlands will not survive a frost or getting wet from blowing rain. The paint coating ends up cracking and falling off exposing the round foam beads, and then it all ends up as more landfill waste. The old-fashioned silk and plastic garlands with molded plastic berries could last for many, many years.

    And that pile of skulls with the melted candles looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes those foam berries are a pain. I don't use them outside but even in storage they get chipped and crummy. I am always doing paint touch ups when I go to display them.

      Delete