Saturday, October 8, 2022

The First Bony Bunch

Every year the Manitou Springs Chamber of Commerce asks the businesses to participate in the Skeleton Craze during the month of October.  If you have been a long time follower of my blog, you know that I am the self appointed chronicler of the skeletons.   I have been keeping records on them since the craze began in 2016.  This year to assist the Chamber, I personally visited all the businesses to encourage them to register.  I am also a judge which I take very seriously.  I have the first of the skeletons to show you.

This beauty is from the MAC.  It sits atop the front door.  You can see at night it is illuminated.

This is so super cool - the MAC has really upped their game this year.  I think it is gonna be an awesome skeleton craze.
The 6,412 Shirt Company has this undead prom queen.  She sure is fetching with her long blonde locks and shiny prom dress.

Piramide has this gorgeous day of the dead with painted face and flowers in her hair.
Lane Mitchell Jewelers put this fine spawn of a spider in the window.
The LeGrande Accents Boutique had done Rocky Horror Picture Show. Frankfurter sits in the center while fashions from the movie are modeled on the mannequins.

The Manitou Springs Heritage Center pays tribute to our favorite dead gal Emma Crawford.
Green Horse Gallery created these lovers in a most passionate moment. Or is it a vampire with a victim?  Or perhaps it is murder.  What do you think?

8 comments:

  1. Some impressive displays indeed! Green Horse Gallery's is certainly open to interpretation, but I prefer to view it as a romantic scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are sticking to the positive you romantic.

      Delete
  2. These are all great! And what a HAPPY Emma Crawford skelly. From the creepy to the funny, these displays have it all. I think that last one is a vampire's kiss . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is certainly a possibly but that vamp will be sadly disappointed as the victim appears to lack blood.

      Delete
  3. The winged one on the wall is great. A lot of work went into that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite so far - a real work of art.

      Delete
  4. The skeleton with bat wings genuinely looks like a monster invented by my brother in our Dungeons and Dragons campaign.

    ReplyDelete