Monday, September 19, 2022

Super Thrift Store Find

 Who Gives a Scrap has had some interesting Halloween stuff this year.  I am always happy to support their business model as a not for profit whose primary goal is to sell things that would otherwise end up in the landfill.  Sometimes you can find weird vintage stuff there too, like this witch shoe candle.

This Halloween diorama caught my eye as I love miniatures.  I think the little carved pumpkin is brilliant.
This mask is cool.  I am guessing it is a Ben Cooper because there was a line with rooted hair called "hairy and scary" but I cannot find this exact model anywhere.

None of the fine finds above came home with me.  However I did score the beauty below for 8 bucks.  Isn't she just fab??  Look how jaunty and sexy she is.  The tilt of the hips, the bent elbow, the jazz hands - she screams "I am hot and I know it".  She's even got a boob shadow on display.  When I saw her, I knew she had to be part of my haunt.

 I also scored a Martha Stewart window cling.  Most of mine are getting old and I would love to replace them (Martha made the best clings).  But they are impossible to find except second hand.  This one was never opened or used.

I have installed it in the basement bathroom as it fits that mirror well. 



 


10 comments:

  1. They all look so deliciously spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome mirror cling! And back in the mists of time, I purchased one of those wee gumball miniatures too. Couldn't resist it -- it was just so darn cute. In those days I had a shadowbox display on the wall of various miniature things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What happened to all your miniature things??

      Delete
    2. I still have a select few but most of them went to the thrift store for others to enjoy once my miniatures collection phase was over.

      Delete
  3. Ms. sexy skeleton is glorious, indeed! Such an excellent find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I can't imagine how someone ever came up with such a concept. Perhaps as a way to engage young men in biology?

      Delete
  4. Oh, that skeleton is working it! Amazing find. I have still in the tube one of the Martha Stewart skeleton silhouettes back from when it was Martha By Mail. Never had a window it would fit. Yours if you can use it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I do have the skeleton dangling the spider but he has worn out after 13 years of continuous use so yes I would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, that's a Ben Cooper Hairy & Scary. I had one in green a while back that is made from the same mold. https://garagesalin.blogspot.com/2014/10/hairy-scary-halloween.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to Know - I did not buy it however.

    ReplyDelete