Saturday, September 17, 2022

Pawtoberfest AKA Dogs in Costumes

 Today was the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak regions Pawtoberfest.  Lord M and I attended with our kids and grand dog.  It was a 2 mile dog walk followed by a beer garden with tasting glasses.  The dogs were in the Halloween spirit with a costume contest. 


These two Weimaraners won first prize for their Pawtober Fest spirit.

Judge Judy and her bailiff got second prize.

 This little chili pepper wiener dog got third prize. 

These pups were in the contest but did not place.  I felt the Rottweiler below deserved a prize because he wore this costume all day unlike some of the others who just got dressed for the competition.




I tried to take a picture of this Yorkie in a dress but she refused to pose - just gave me a skanky side eye. 
However, this one eyed Chihuahua photo bombed and beg to be photographed.
Here is the Grand dog looking ever so cute.
He won this super Halloween bandanna by performing a few simple tricks - jumping a little obstacle and getting on a platform. 
It was a fun day full of great beer and cute canines.  Here I am with Pumpkin, a dog with an appropriate spooky season name.




2 comments:

  1. Judge Judy and her bailiff -- HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! They've got my vote, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have had a cuteness overload warning.

      Delete