Saturday, October 2, 2021

Lovely Fall October Day

 So yesterday his Lordship and I took hike to the Pancake Rocks to see the fall color.  The aspen trees were in their full glory.  It was a perfect fall day, overcast, cool, and  a little gloomy with some light drizzle.

Aspens as far as the eye could see


You can see why they are called the pancake rocks.
Perfect weather to come home to a bowl of hot tomato (from our garden) soup and homemade bread.  In the afternoon we installed the graveyard outside.  I arose bright and early this morning (like 5 am) to adjust lighting and take a  few pictures.
View through the new cemetery fence

A few stones at dawn

Dawn breaks behind the owl gate

My newest stone - Miloe Pointe
It is all kicking off.  I love this fall feeling.

9 comments:

  1. The new fence really enhances the graveyard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think so plus it gives us something to attach the lights too!

      Delete
  2. Love the graveyard colors. Really spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It feels great when autumn is autumnal. And I love your decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful day. Unfortunately, it's pouring here in St. Louis. Graveyard looks great. I can't ever set mine up until about 2 weeks before Halloween because inevitably we get strong winds around mid-October and it ends up breaking and blowing down my decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes - we get super high winds too which is why I pound everything into the ground using rebar. Those stones have 2 pieces of pvc pipe gorilla glued to the back and they fit over 2 pieces of rebar. Believe it or not, they stand up to very high winds like that.

      Delete
  5. Just catching up. The cemetery looks great!!! On to Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by the Haunted Parlor. I have a wedding between now and Halloween, so if I survive that, Halloween will be a breeze. My anxiety dreams are all wedding related!

      Delete