Saturday, October 12, 2019

Neither snow nor rain...

can keep a good Manitou Skeleton down.  This week, we had a snow storm.  Yep - Wed. was 77 degrees, Thurs. 23 and snowing.
Anyhow, I braved the weather to head into town and photograph skeletons.

I began at the iconic Cliff House before the snow.
Inside their lobby, they have created this pair of beauties.  The concierge told me it took 3 people to get her dressed.  Can't you just hear the crooning?

 Border Burger Bar placed their skeleton on a large bicycle sculpture, complete with garland and a t-shirt.

Red Dog Coffee put another hipster at a table.  I think this is very similar to what they did last year.
Flying Eagle created a witch

CK Comics put this skeleton up on their shelving unit.  I asked if it was a comic book character but they said no.

The folks at the 6412 Shirt Company did not put much effort into this.

Then onto Piramide, one of my favorite clothing boutiques.  They window-dressed a beautiful day of the dead senorita. You can see the snow blowing past in this picture.
       
Now a rant regarding the biggest threat of our time.  Climate change - Time for every human on this planet to acknowledge it.  I am so tired of talking to people about this weird weather as if it is a one off.  And I am sick of it being treated like it is political.  Losing 64% of our bird species if we go over a 3 degree rise in temperature is not political. Climate change will affect every single living thing on this planet regardless of who you voted for. How much evidence do we need?  Do you love your children and grandchildren? Would you like them to have a future?   We need action now. 

2 comments:

  1. My fave is the diva on the piano! And P.S. good rant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the piano couple as well. Even in the snow I would have done the same thing! We where at the high school football game last night it was so cold we left early, I never leave early lol. And I agree with climate change in our area you no longer see groundhogs, squirrels and rabbits when growing up they were everywhere, I kids talk about it alot so I think that schools are getting the word out as well. We do need to wake up.

    ReplyDelete