Friday, October 11, 2019

Dollhouse Makeover

Baby M has given me the green light to makeover our dollhouse.
It was my 8th grade graduation present.  My mom and I purchased it at Marshall Fields way back in the 1970's.  It was blue with white trim then.  I repainted it for Baby M's room when she was born.  When she left for University, she informally gifted it back to me.  It still has place of pride in my home.

Every time we move, His Lordship asks "Are we keeping that Dollhouse"?  He doesn't like it very much.

Now I think it is ready to be transformed into something more interesting.  I will start with the exterior and for inspiration will turn to pinterest.
 I love the paint job here -  The siding  and the trim color. The old vines growing all over the house really make it look dilapidated.
 Here they used boards over the windows and a distressing technique to give it an old appearance.
These are both cute - they have a really abandoned feel about them.
I think an off-white or gray is the way to go with some dark trim.

8 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to make one of these. I had a home-built dollhouse curbside find about 12 years ago that could have been modified into something like this, but it sat in our garage so long that it was eventually busted into a million pieces. It pretty huge, so wouldn't have been the most convenient thing to display anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be SO MUCH FUN to do! Please give us progress reports!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done Creation !!Sized for 12 inch figures or smaller ones ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have recently been doing something similar for 4 years now a recycled dollhouse into a fairy castle as a kid we couldn't get good expensive classy dollhouses like rich people can afford because of medical and financial problems so ive made one all by myself without any help apart from the base and am thinking of making my own art blog soon for it. i spent barely anything on it except for the glue and small things like a door and 5 bits of furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool - it is always fun to create your own.

    ReplyDelete