Thursday, October 10, 2019

My Dearly Departed Mother

Today would have been my mothers 81st Birthday.  Despite having passed 17 years ago, I still miss her all the time.  Some deaths one never gets over.

She was a good sport when it came to Halloween - loading us kids into a Volkswagen van and driving us all over Winnetka to trick or treat or decorating our home, 561Winnetka Ave, with Halloween Beistle cut outs
Her favorite ride at Disney World was the haunted mansion.  She thought it went so "fast" and was not fond of the part where the Hatbox Ghost pushes the doom buggy out of the attic window and into the graveyard. She would have loved the 50th celebration this year.
I think she would have enjoyed the Haunted Parlor too.  Even what I did to her clock.
  

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you come by your love of Halloween honestly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom passed (on her 60th birthday) in late November 16 years age.... She is greatly missed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course she would love the clock! She would be so proud of your mad skills at decorating. We keep the memory of our loved ones alive by sharing stories. Thank you for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done. I am in the same boat as well. Is that winnetka, illinois?
    I'm a stones throw from there and work there often. Beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - it is. The house is between Green Bay Rd. and Church Street on the border of Winnetka and Kenilworth. I heard recently, from my bestie growing up, that it has not been torn down like so many of the other historic homes in Winnetka.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing your memories. This is how we keep them alive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your warm reception.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mother has the same birthday as my brother.

    Never been to the Disney's haunted mansion, but have been to some and always loved them.

    ReplyDelete