Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Old Colorado City Pumpkin Festival

 I like to call OCC (Old Colorado City) Manitou Spring's lame cousin.  Despite an extremely colorful past they could embrace, they go for a beige and boring aesthetic.  On Sat., his Lordship and I attended the pumpkin festival.  I even cancelled yoga class to go- what a mistake.  Instead of skeleton craze, they do scarecrows which are just sickeningly sweet.  Given their past, they could do dead whores, cowboys, and alcoholics but noooo cause they are soooo lame.  Here are a few pictures of their "cuteness"


Finally, a couple with which I can relate.



My favorite refill store Conscious Living, did this one.  They are all about minimizing plastic waste.

4 comments:

  1. I dunno, #3 looks a bit fiendishly serial-killer-ish to me. They could use some skeleton scarecrows, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she is a serial killer of dalmatian puppies.

      Delete
  2. Yes, what kind of sickos choose wholesome cuteness over dead whores, cowboys, and alcoholics? Sheesh. I like Conscious Living's paper bag scarecrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They could at least have a dead whore, cowboy and alcoholic scarecrow.

      Delete