Thursday, January 11, 2024

Sculptures by the Sea

Oct. 31st is the height of our Autumn season. But in Australia, it is Spring.  The weather is warm and bright and the days are getting longer.  So for my first Halloween away from home in 30 years, I wore a spooky top and earrings  to  "Sculptures by the Sea" in Sydney.  It was a very cool event, located just south of Bondi Beach.  I have many pictures so will split them into multiple blogs.  This first group all have feature the Tasman Sea.




Most of these pieces interacted with the Tasman Sea in such interesting ways.

8 comments:

  1. The second-to-last looks guillotine-inspired to me. I wonder what the artist had in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The artist is Tsukasa Nakahara. I could not find anything about the inspiration for this piece. All his work is primary in glass.

      Delete
  2. Picture 3 will be the new Easter Island in a 1000 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed them all. But the second one is amazing! I love how it interacts with Nature...

    ReplyDelete