Monday, July 25, 2022

Talking Dirt

July is the best month in the garden.  It is a time to sit back and enjoy the results my hard work. 

 
The cauldron is looking good - I grew most of the plants pictured below from seed.

 

I am very happy with my Heliopsis "Bleeding Hearts".    I love the dark foliage with the vibrant orange flowers.  I put 3 in Memorial Day of 2021  and they are all big and blooming this year.  Each individual flower lasts for weeks - I have yet to dead head this one.

The Black Prince Snap Dragon had finally begun to bloom.   I can't say I think it matches its description of dark maroon blooms and bronze foliage however.

The Cherokee Sunset Gloriosa Daisy are truly glorious.  I grew those from seeds.
These Black Petunias are doing well and pair nicely with Red Salvia.
I grew all of this planter from seed too - Red Metamorph Marigolds with Carpet of Snow Alyssum and Coreopsis Tinctoria.  I swear if it wasn't for the garden this year, I would be losing my mind.
Hope you are enjoying your summer and finding some peace in the insanity.

12 comments:

  1. Your garden is gorgeous! The tomatoes and pumpkin memes made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well can't take credit for the memes - I found them online. I appreciate humor but am not clever enough to create it.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on all the colorful and beautiful flowers. The heliopsis is spectacular.

    I imagine jack-o-lanterns wouldn't last long in the summer. At least there's the demon-possessed tomato.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope Jacks don't last long when they are carved at all - even in November.

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a beautiful garden. I feel there is a special little bit of pride when they are grown from seeds. well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got inspired by Gardeners World which I watch on Brit Box every Friday Night. It is saving me hundreds of dollars to propagate my own plants as well as the feeling of pride you mention.

      Delete
  4. I'm going to remember the gardening tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes for next time the bodies start piling up.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeousness all around! I love the daisy--such a perfect name. Your garden is a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely color combinations. Love our spooky house only I miss gardening space. Full shade in the back yard. Oh, and we are still making tombstones the old fashion way as well. Hubby mumbled something about sono tubes and pool noodles for columns. Not much time left so we shall see what actually gets done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the final results.

    ReplyDelete