Saturday, February 5, 2022

Those Resolutions


 My pesky new years resolutions have been sitting on the back burner as I wallow in self pity over my affliction.  I think I am ready to commit some to paper now.  They will just have to be lunar calendar resolutions. I usually just treat them as goals - things I would like to accomplish over the next year and not as grand sweeping life changes.  Many have to do with health and wellness and my plethora of hobbies and projects.  I like them to be in small, manageable, achievable goals not big grandiose statements such as "get healthy".  What does that mean anyway? I usually divide them into categories and as most have nothing to do with Halloween and spooky stuff, I will address them over at my long idle blog Twisted Sister Cafe, which is a blog about lifestyle and all things healthy.

 

Cooking/diet

Try one vegan African recipe a month

Try one new fruit or veggie a month - something I rarely buy.

Make chutneys - especially mint chutney

 Follow my Nutrition Facts AP for an entire year

 

Crafts

Complete at least 3 stained glass projects this year

Frame my Creepmas present from last year

Get started on Baby M's wedding scrapbook

Host a Halloween party in 2022 - covid permitting. 

Put up a new mailbox

 

Garden

Grow my own bedding plants

Make a cold frame 

 

Health

Resurrect the the Twisted Sisters Cafe Blog

Recover from shingles

Hike 2x a week - minimum of 4 miles.

Ride Liathach 4x a week  and learn some new moves. 

Do yoga 3x a week.


 The only thing that will make the Lady M cut are the crafts category.  Otherwise it will all be over at Twisted Sisters.  Join me if you like but I understand (ahem Infidel) that some my readers are bored silly by cooking and gardening.


7 comments:

  1. A worthy list! I hope that "recover from shingles" is the first one that is achieved and soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "my plethora of hobbies and projects" I have that plethora also.

    My doctors and articles I've read say walking 30 minutes a day 5 days a week for 150 minutes total is the best exercise for you. The maximum benefit drops off after 30 minutes. Not that more is bad, it just doesn't have the benefit as the first 30.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I am getting my walking guidelines from Dr. Michael Greger at Nutrition Facts.org. https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-should-you-exercise/ He is my new health guru. He wants me get moderate physical activity for 90 minutes everyday so visit Liathach the wonder horse about 4x a week. I figure on days I don't go riding, I will try to manage a hike.

      Delete
  3. I kind of didn't make Amy resolution this year, except read more and write more. Hosting a Halloween party is a great idea! I wanted to do something like this last year. It didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lets hope the pandemic plays nice so it can happen. I can't limit my guest list so my house will be very crowded.

      Delete
  4. I like that you have categories for your resolutions/goals. That is an excellent idea. I think my list is much too broad, so... I might copycat your style.

    I've added your Twisted Sister Cafe to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete