Saturday, October 30, 2021

Fun Vendors from the Oddities and Fear Fest.

My daughter and I attended the Oddities and Fear Fest in Colorado Springs the weekend of October 23-24.  Basically, one pays 13 dollars for the privilege of shopping for cool stuff in a single location.  The vendors peddled all manner of interesting merch.  It was easy to pick up a few unique pieces for myself and for gifts.

The Art and Murdercrafts is the brainchild of Darron Laessig.  The skulls are made from upcycled filing cabinets and lots of items one sees in a thrift store.  You know I am all about making old new again.



Atomic Pixies are a collective of female artists who draw fine art and comics. They make a variety of prints, stickers and pins.
H.K. Lovejoy makes custom headstones and gravemarkers.  You can find her art here. 

My old pal Faery Grove Candles was there. 

I couldn't resist this cute Kampus soap from her.

 My friend from the Stained glass studio is call the Uncanny Granny. 

I picked up this nightlight as a Creepmas gift for Baby M.  
 Below are examples of vegan taxidermy as in no animals harmed to make these things.  I like that they don't reek of formaldehyde.
Some Manitou favorites who I have blogged about before were in attendance.  K8e orr and Queen Mab both work out of the Manitou Arts Center.


All in all, a fun day.  These events seem to be growing in popularity so be on the look out for one near you!

1 comment:

  1. What fun! The skull-spider and custom witches' hats caught my eye. And this is the first I've heard of "vegan taxidermy" -- cool!

    ReplyDelete