Monday, October 4, 2021

Black Candle Craft

 I just love these fun drippy black candles at Grandin Road but was not crazy about the $39.95 price tag.

So I decided to make some of my own drippy black candles.

Start with 3 cheapos from the Dollar Tree.  Turn them on first as lots of the inventory in the store is no longer operational.

Tape some card stock around the bottom to stagger the size of the candles.

 Now Take a glue gun and run glue drips up and down  the outside and glue the three candles together.  Tape off the flames and spray with black paint. Remove the tape and you are done.


Ok not as fab as grandin road but it sure beats spending $120.00 for three candles doesn't it??


 

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks - I have bee making drippy candles out of toilet paper rolls for years but this is the first time I modified some battery operated ones.

      Delete
  2. Well, aren't you a craft project super star! One, I wouldn't pay $120 for three candles. Two, my craft project would still be sitting around half done in January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lots of craft projects all piled up so the heat is on to get something done!

      Delete
  3. I love black candles. They are so atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And easy to make - you would find your raw materials at pound land rather than the dollar store.

      Delete
  4. That's a great DIY! Way to save money and still have something really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since they are dollar store candles, I may only get one season out of them. But the batteries can be removed and replaced so I am hoping to do that.

      Delete
  5. I actually like yours better. Look more lived-in and spooky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright - $3.00 throttles $120.00! As I am always telling his Lordship, look at all the money he is saving.

      Delete
  6. Falling behind on comments. Target had black drip pillar candles this year for $3! I only found one in the $1-$5 section and it has a good flicker circuit. It is all about the flicker for me and I have battery candles all over my office/parlor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I did not see those - but don't think I checked the dollar section of Target.

      Delete