Friday, August 27, 2021

Who Gives a Scrap Halloween Finds

 I lucked out and shopped at Who Give a Scrap, my favorite creative reuse center, on the day they were setting out their Halloween Treasures.  Whoo Hoo - I really scored some super stuff.

 
They had these candles new in the packaging at two dollars each, originally sold at Kolhs .  They will be perfect for my orange and black cabinet in the kitchen. 

Look at this little fella - isn't it cute?

I can always used more styrofoam skulls - they are so handy for crafting.

I found this fun spider garland.  I think it looks swell in the dungeon.
Skelly hands originally from Michaels - will look fun crawling out from under some furniture.  I think they were a dollar each.
Cute owl ribbon - love the retro feel. 

Skull beads must be good from something

Little Jacks that jingle

Another new in the packaging candle originally from Michaels.

 
 I am so in love with The Who Gives a Scrap that I think every community in the US needs a creative reuse center.  It is a fab non profit that sells used craft materials dirt cheap.  It is a boon to teachers, artists and of course, Halloween crafters!  They keep hundreds of thousands of pounds of trash out of the landfill too.  It is such a win-win.


11 comments:

  1. The skull beads and the jack o'lantern bells are so intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jingle bells are happily on my Halloween Tree. The skull bead however still need a job. Any ideas?

      Delete
  2. Love it when Halloween is set out just as one arrives! You got some great finds. Love the skull beads and skeletal hands! I have the matching 2 candles to that that last candle with the skeletons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That skeleton candle is one of my favorites.

      Delete
  3. Be careful taking down that spider garland later least you run across the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am soooo not scared of spiders. Not even black widows.

      Delete
  4. Wow, talk about being in the right place at the right time! Some fab finds you got there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want them all. Especially the candles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visit my blog and check out the ghost meme. 5th one down. A project for you.
    https://mikenet707.blogspot.com/2021/09/5258-thursday-no-themememes.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid a chicken wire ghost would be far to ambitious and beyond my skill set. I am good at painting thing black.

      Delete