Thursday, October 29, 2020

Skele's with dogs, birds, and in chairs

The skeletons of Manitou Springs just keeps coming.  Today our team of three goes out to judge so I wanted to make sure to share this last extensive group with you.
Here paying homage to Manitou's hippy past is Mountain High Gallery and Gifts' meditating hippy.  The New York Times once referred to the town as "Hippy Mayberry" and it kind of stuck.  No more hippies remain - just a lot of liberal old boomers who support the arts and education.  It starts the first of my series called skeletons with dogs.
Here is the Manitou Outpost's morning sunshine skeleton.  I like her fuzzy dog slippers.
Ruxton Trading Post has this dogs gnawing on the bone of a competitor's skeleton. They just put a cowboy hat on their window skeleton - a minimal effort in my opinion.

Mountain High Sportswear wrapped their skeleton as a mummy and gave him a cute dog ghost companion.

Next we have a group of skeleton I like to call those in chairs. Bela Terra has an angel of a skeleton with a rather menacing skull.
Adams Mountain Cafe, a great place for vegan eats and one of the only businesses on the east side of town participating, has this lovely day of the dead painted skeleton.
The Vault has this dapper gal dressed in their boutique finery sipping on a mule.
The Hemp Store which already had that cute little stoner, has added a seated witch to the display.
The Olive Tap has this cute little chef seated on the wall next to a pallet?? Strange.
Finally here is a little section call skeletons and birds.  We've seen this pirate before, only this year he is wearing his mask.
Eagle Dancer is also reusing a previous design with this dead frontiers man and his crow friend.
Well must go judge.  Who is your favorite this year??

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for bringing us these pictures! They're always entertaining.

    That skull being held by the angel skeleton looks rather dark and demonic. Perhaps he's gloating after beheading his adversary?

    Cool that the pirate skeleton has a parrot skeleton sitting on his shoulder.

    I hope the chef skeleton will be whipping up some healthy food for his fellow skeletons. Wouldn't want them to get osteoporosis.

    Impossible to choose a favorite from among all we've seen. There are too many good ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments - sorry I have been such a shit getting back to everyone. This is my busiest time of year. I think that angel is gloating - perhaps it's Satan's skull.

      Delete
  2. I agree, it's hard to choose a favorite among all these. Though the angel is great and I like the chef and ghost dog ones too. And the one with the dog slippers is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one with the dog slippers ended up being a much bigger display. I will have a picture up soon.

      Delete
  3. The chef's palate... I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, out of this bunch, my fave is the Vault's "Dapper Gal" mainly because I, too, love a good Moscow Mule. The preceding Day of the Dead skelly shows some good effort as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish we could get together sometime for mules. Drink one for me tonight, eh?

      Delete
  5. I love these! It's hard to choose a favourite but the seated witch at The Hemp Store really calls to me. I think we could be friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! How cool that you get to do something like this. I can imagine it was hard to choose, but still fun to check everything out. Happy Halloween and Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We judged and will post winners when I get the go ahead that results are public domain!

      Delete