Thursday, April 16, 2020

Pandemic Chocolates

This afternoon I made some fun vegan pandemic chocolates. 
Now I know my tombstones are in bad taste but let's be honest, anyone who has followed this blog for any length of time knows I do not own any upbeat candy molds.

I used a recipe from  Happy Healthy Vegan by Kathy Patalsky.  I have been most pleased as every recipe I have tried from this cookbook has turned out well.

I did a little modifying for the size of my mold.  I melted 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips and 1 T. of coconut oil in the microwave.  I put about 1.5 teaspoons in each Tombstone and put it in the freezer.  The filling is 2 T. almond butter, 1/2 T. agave syrup, and a dash of pure vanilla.  That was microwaved for 30 seconds, stirred and added on top of the frozen chocolate.  Then I made another chocolate layer using the same proportions and added it on top.  Put the whole mold in the freezer again and viola' pandemic chocolates for all your sheltering-in-place loved ones.

8 comments:

  1. Memento Mori chocolates! I hope you are enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! They are really cute and if people are watching Christmas Movies then by golly we can do Halloween things right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People are watching Christmas movies??? This pandemics got the world all topsy turvy!

      Delete
  3. Sounds yummy. Almond butter is my favorite, but I don’t think I’ve ever thought to combine it with chocolate. Going on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I only have heart molds in my cupboard. What was I thinking?! If I thought Amazon could get them here before this is all over with, I'd buy some new ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why that surprises me - I would have expected you'd have a stash of very macabre molds.

      Delete