Thursday, April 23, 2020

Puzzles

His Lordship and I have passed quite a bit of time in this pandemic staring at puzzles.  As a result, we have achieved a few firsts.

Here is our first 1500 piece puzzle.  It took awhile to get through all that blue.
Here is our first mystery puzzle.    No picture is provided so we were without a clue what it would look like upon completion.  I didn't photograph it because I did not want to spoil the mystery for you.  The manufacturer provided a lame back story and the mystery itself was bleh at best.  Still it was a fun puzzle.
Finally, our first 3-D puzzle.  This one combined puzzle assembly with engineering skills.  It was interesting but more like playing with toys than doing a puzzle.
Are you guys doing any fun puzzles?  Do you have any recommendations?

7 comments:

  1. All three look immensely challenging! Alas, I have no patience for jigsaw puzzles -- 10 minutes max and then I want to go do something else. Which is odd, actually, because normally I am quite adept at maintaining an intense, single-minded focus for long periods of time. My theory is that a jigsaw puzzle caused my death in a former life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 3D puzzle looks so cool. I donated all the puzzles we had a few years ago. I supposed I satisfy my puzzle fix with Legos. I’d love to do puzzle mashups like this artist, but I don’t need to start another thing. https://puzzlemontage.crevado.com/puzzle-montage-art-by-tim-klein

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love puzzles! That 3D puzzle looks awesome! It must’ve been difficult. My all time favorite puzzle is Wacky Packages from the 80’s. I can’t find it anywhere! As a child, I would do that puzzle over and over until I could finish it in less than 15min. I have fond memories surrounding that puzzle. What puzzle are you working on now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I had that Wacky Packs puzzle last year. I blog about it here:
      https://ladymhauntedparlor.blogspot.com/2019/09/wacky-pack-puzzle-complete.html
      Tom from the blog "Garage Sale Finds" sent it to me. I blog about that here:
      https://ladymhauntedparlor.blogspot.com/2019/08/a-gift-from-fellow-blogger.html.
      Unfortunately, I swapped it in a puzzle swap last winter. I am currently not working on anything as it is summer - time to garden. But next winter during long evenings by the fire, I will do a lot of puzzles. I find thrift stores are a great place to pick them up cheap. We also organize puzzle swaps with neighbors. Covid has kind of put a damper on both these activities.

      Delete