Friday, December 9, 2011

Blast from the past

Wednesday, Merricat over at Blackwood posted the most adorable Christmas cartoon called The Snowman .No not that annoying thing from Britain where the Snowman and the boy fly through the air.But a really cute little 1930's cartoon. This reminded me of my favorite little cartoon from the 1930's Jack Frost.  My Sisters and Brother and I used to watch this on a 35 millimeter projector.  It was silent but was in color. Old Man Winter is one frightening dude, as my poor daughter is discovering this year.  Ahh this little cartoon brings back such memories.  Remember when it is cold to just sing the frizzly grizzly bear song.




Jack Frost (1934) Ub Iwerks Production.  Musical Score by Carl Stalling.

7 comments:

  1. I remember this! We used to watch it when I was younger.

    Old Man Winter is out today; it's 7 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lady M!

    Thanks so much for the mention! I love this cartoon you've posted. When I was describing the Snowman one I found to Mr. Blackwood, I told him it looked just like something Ub Iwerks would do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merricat - You're welcome and thank you for the inspiration.
    Purple_artic - Are you singing the Frizzly Grizzly bear song?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG LadyM! Thank you so much for this 'blast from the past'! I absolutely LOVED this cartoon when I was a kid... well nevermind I still do :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh BeWitchy - you're a kindred soul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite as well, but then you know that. Love the animation, such a charming cartoon. I'm def singing the frizzly grizzly song today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great cartoon--I don't remember this one but truly enjoyed watching this!

    ReplyDelete