Thursday, August 1, 2024

Update from my Tranquil Garden


 Ahh the garden - I can just feel my blood pressure drop as I step into it.  As summer throws all kinds of heat our way, some fun things are happening out there.

This is the Velvet Queen sunflower.  I think she is so deserving of her royal title.  That little bee likes her too.

I planted my mosaic pot with a Perry's Agave.
The Night Rider Lily did indeed darken just as the Infidel predicted.

His Lordship and I made this rustic bench out of scraps lying around my garage and spider web bookends purchased from  Joanns Fabric and Crafts.

It is perfect for all my little seedlings.  In my pumpkin pot, a spider has set up residence and made a fine web in the mouth.


Below is a rare rainbow to the west over the mountains - usually they occur to the east.


7 comments:

  1. Glad to see the night rider lily has gotten its act together. Hopefully it will get darker still.

    That velvet queen sunflower is majestic. How large is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It varies on where it is in the garden. My largest plants in about 5 feet tall with a 6 inch bloom.

      Delete
  2. I was going to put out some hummingbird feeders this year. Obviously it didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job on that potting bench -- love the spiderweb accents especially!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are bookends from JoAnn's fabric and crafts.

      Delete