Thursday, June 20, 2024

My Chemical Romance - Helena [Official Music Video]

I have gleaned from the comments that this video from My Chemical Romance is the inspiration for coffin prom arrivals.  I remember watching this way back when this song was released sometime circa 2005 - 2006, long before the inception of the haunted parlor.  The song was written for band members Gerard and Mikey Way's maternal Grandmother and their regrets about blowing her off during the last years of her life.  It is a song about death, regrets, and mourning.

 

3 comments:

  1. Side Note: Gerard Way is also the story writer of The Umbrella Academy comic book series which was adapted into a Netflix series that is quite good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool - I will have to watch that. His Lordship went to the homeland so I am free to watch what I want.

    ReplyDelete