Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Nifty Thrifty Store Finds

The ARC is a large thrift store in Colorado Springs that I love to peruse for Halloween decorations that I can up cycle and reuse.  Last Friday, Baby M and I sauntered in to buy some blue jeans but scored some treasure too.  Our timing was perfect as the "Halloween Clothes" had just been put on the show floor.

Baby M found this adorable retro 1950 styles dress made from the cutest material.  It fit her perfectly.  Just look at the detail in this pattern - so cute.
I found this stunning skirt and squee - a purple corset in my size.  I have wanted a purple corset forever!

The best part was the price - I paid 1/5 of retail value and I think it was worn once if that.

Baby M also got these super comfortable and stunning shorts.  The graphics look like tattoo art.


Finally, I found a whole yoga outfit on the Halloween rack.


So if you don't shop thrift for clothing, I would highly recommend giving it a try.  Support a nonprofit while helping the planet and your pocketbook You never know what treasure awaits.
 


8 comments:

  1. Holy moly, you both hit the JACKPOT! Or should that be "jack-o-lantern pot"? That corset -- yowza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes- like a slot machine and triple jack-o-lanterns came up!

      Delete
  2. HEY! Who's the hot chick in the purple and black dress?!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just some rando whose photo I found online.

      Delete
  3. Great finds. Life has been so crazy of late I haven't been to Goodwill all month and Halloween has been out for weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about life being crazy! No matter what I do, mine just gets busier!

      Delete
  4. Va-va-va-vooom, Lady M! I love a corset. And talk about a Halloween rack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a corset too! They are so flattering to almost any figure.

      Delete