Friday, October 23, 2020

Skeleton Saturday

 Here are some fun skeletons I met while braving the miserable weather yesterday to wander the streets of Manitou.

Swirl picked up on a theme of 2020  - the Karen.  She has written a very poor review of the business.



Twin bears also has a 2020 theme with this depressed incline hiker.  The incline is a 2,500 foot staircase that leaves from Manitou and has been closed a lot this year - first due to covid and then a little wildfire in early October.
Armadillo Ranch has brought back the Grateful Dead theme they did last year.
But they added this little gem with no hands.
Manitou Springs Realty which always has an excellent design has this bit of spider food.  Looks like he has been sucked dry!
Olde Thyme Photo Shop has paid tribute to our frontline workers and first responders.  That is a wildland firefighter and a nurse.
The Loop Mexican Restaurant has this amigo shit faced and socially distanced.
Our new business called Barn + Swallow has put together a skeleton affectionately known as Janis Joplin.  It is a business with a purpose, a nonprofit that helps woman with job training and support.

Cherokees has a pirate and a window filled with witches and magic.






12 comments:

  1. Very imaginative. I hope to be able to see these in person someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hopefully when we are not in a global pandemic, Manitou Springs, Colorado during the Halloween season will be a travel destination for you.

      Delete
  2. All the ones who made an effort to be topical for 2020 get extra kudos! Plus I like that very well dressed pirate. And Janis Joplin! Her outfit reminds me of JJ's "Pearl" album cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take another little piece of my heart now baby.

      Delete
  3. Funny, I saw quite a few skeletons myself in the scarecrow festival I went to today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cool! I love skeletons. And skulls. Not sure what that says about me but there it is. We had a skeleton (Mr. Bones) sitting on one of our couches for years and I used to change his outfit regularly. I just recently put him away because he needs to be repaired. Some limbs have started falling off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess he was decaying so his limbs were falling off!

      Delete
  5. I love them all but the depressed hiker hits hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only done the incline once but I know a lot of people are addicts and closing it hit them very hard.

      Delete