Thursday, October 1, 2020

Halloween Events in Manitou

Hello and welcome to the first day of October and the Countdown to Halloween.  I am participating this season with posts throughout the month.  

This year the small town of Manitou Springs, where I live at the base of Pikes Peaks, has had to cancel our biggest Halloween event, the Emma Crawford Coffin Races, due to the Covid pandemic.  Here is the t-shirt design which I think is rather clever.  I love that little mask hanging off of the skeleton.

Some smaller events have been put into place to celebrate the season.  The skeleton craze, in which businesses decorate and display skeletons, takes place Oct. 4 to Oct. 30. I  have been asked to judge again which delights me.

His Lordship and I have also teamed with our friends to form a detective team we are calling "The Royal Dead".  That scavenger hunt with clues will take place from October 17th to October 25th.

The Heritage Center is planning to do Ghost Tours and have extended the season to include Fridays and Saturdays starting on Oct. 9th.  His Lordship has purchased our family slot on Oct. 9th so we don't have to comingle with strangers!

All these events will be outside, socially distanced and masked.  That is, I am proud to say, because Manitou has had a strong mask mandate since July 20th.  Since then, we have not had a single outbreak, despite being a busy little tourist town.

So let the festivities begin.

5 comments:

  1. That design is quite clever. Love the mask hanging for the skeleton's ear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too bad about the coffin race but sounds like there's still lots of Halloween spirit in Manitou Springs! Congrats on being a skelly judge again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So thrilled - can't wait to get out and start looking for them!

      Delete
  3. I wish there was some kind of Halloween event around here. I haven't seen any as of yet, don't think there will be with the pandemic.

    ReplyDelete