Friday, October 2, 2020

Gothic Wedding Plans

 So Baby M and Son of Nell are getting their wedding plans underway for next October and have recruited me to help with all the decorations.  We have a year to create 8 wedding centerpieces as well as adorned other little spaces.  Always cash wise and environmentally conscious, she doesn't want any disposable crap but plans to thrift as much as possible and only buy what can be reused for future Halloween events.  

So far, I have thrifted one funkin that I re-covered in a sheer fabric.  It turned out cute I think.

We have also been through my large collection of Halloween storage to scavenge anything we can use.  The colors will be black, scarlet, gray and white - dark and brooding for this gothic affair.


4 comments:

  1. Love the pumpkin and the idea of reusing. "only buy what can be reused for future Halloween events" I love this man got married on Halloween 22 years ago this year and we still have items that we put out every year. Sadly we used flower pots for centerpieces and sadly they have all broke but one. I swear fall weddings are so beautiful good luck with this adventure it will be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well any tips and tricks you have up your sleeve as a veteran of a fall wedding would be appreciated Bob.

      Delete
  2. I know you both will do a fabulous job of those centrepieces! And I look forward to seeing photos of them in due course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I do know is that they will all be different. I hate doing the same thing over and over.

      Delete