Thursday, October 24, 2019

GLOW!

Tuesday night, his Lordship and I went to Denver to experience Glow at the Gardens - a Halloween exhibit at the Botanical Gardens.  As much as Boo at the Zoo underwhelmed, Glow absolutely blew me away.  It was amazing.  It only lasts for 5 days, I expect because pumpkins are perishable once carved.  There were so many great parts to this experience that I must divide them into many blogs lest I bore my readers.  
I will start showing you the luminaria lit paths. We estimate they lit about 2 miles of these little glowing bags.  They were magical. The designs were great - bats, cats, spiders, witches, pumpkins etc.  I marvel at the amount of time it took someone to walk the gardens, lighting them.  


All paths led to amazing displays many of which were styled around pumpkins, some carved by amateurs. There must have been a couple of thousand. Who carves them all? On Saturday the 26th they are giving them away free. 


One hillside was covered in Jacks all lit by color changing LEDs - it was amazing but very hard to photograph (like an idiot I forgot my tripod). So I took a little video for you.


I have so much more to share but that is a blog for another day. Hope you enjoyed this little slice of Glow at the Gardens.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! What an AWESOME event! I've been to a Christmas themed Luminaria event in a botanical garden but this one with luminaria PLUS jack-o-lanterns is even nicer! Looking forward to your other posts about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat video! I would love to attend something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is Enchanting! They have a Pumpkin Event with Amazing Carvers here but this year instead of being Free like it always has been, they were charging $15 a person and with everything else going on, we couldn't indulge. *Pouting petulantly!* I just Love Halloween and Autumn, October especially is my Fav Month. Preparing for a move we have almost ruined the Holidays, so a Pause in the whole process was a welcome reprieve to begin enjoying it properly... albeit with damned near everything we own packed and now no place to Go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's a serious amount of luminaries to light! Were there real candles in each bag? And how neat that they're giving the pumpkins away for free later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You snagged some great pictures, and the people who put this all together did some magnificent work. Wonder how long it took to come up with such a great presentation? Fun, fun, fun! Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have the history of this event but it looked like it took many man and woman hours to pull it off.

      Delete
  6. WOW! Sure wish we had something like this in my area (Coastal GA). Look forward to more pix!

    ReplyDelete