Saturday, November 4, 2017

Packing it up

I have said that the haunt goes up over the course of weeks and comes down in days and this year is no exception.  My pointy witches hat goes off to those amazing haunters that can set up and remove a display on Halloween Day.  What an attention span and work ethic!  I, unfortunately, lack both.

This year at the Hillybilly Haven, I have a new storage option.  Introducing (drum roll please) the room over the garage!

It is limited to what can fit up the ladder hidey hole.

I have been after his Lordship to fix this ladder.  It is extremely wonky.  Knowing that I go up and down it regularly, I ought to check to see if a new life insurance policy has been obtained.  Perhaps his Lordship is in the market for a younger Lady M.

It even has a work shop where I have set aside all the things I will craft in the coming year. 

 I always like to dream big after Halloween. Check out that retro orange shag carpet!


There is no heat so I will have to restrict crafting to warm days.

In this window, I found a lot of flies, begging the question "where is the body buried?". 


I have moved a lot up here and am thrilled to have this space. Hope your haunts are not giving you storage head aches.







10 comments:

  1. What a great work and storage space. A safer pull down ladder will make it better! A 2nd story escape ladder for the window would be good. Not a place you want to be trapped in a fire! Mine stores flat and hooks on the window frame. Toss it down if you need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not even think about fire danger!

      Delete
  2. I would have Lord M install an escalator for you. Ladders are sooooooo 19th century.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how you over estimate His Lordship's handy man capabilities!

      Delete
  3. I share your sentiments about your lordship and my partner I wonder if he's doing the same but then again he thinks I'm maybe trying to find a younger model, he remind we don't have a life insurance.

    Anyway I love your work space its amazing. I need to get my bottom onto gear and sort my craft room as I've currently commindeered the guest bedroom. Considering the amount of guest we've had in the last year it seems a waste as a guest bedroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - don't leave it standing 362 days of the year for that guest. The guest can always sleep in your craft room.

      Delete
    2. Ha ha ha. I guess your right.

      Delete
  4. Nice space. I would kill for a craft room, but that’s frowned upon, so I guess I’ll wait for the children to move out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How perfect ... a little space where you can be surrounded by your beloved props and work on next year's! I can see it filling up far too quickly though. After His Lordship finishes the escalator, he can move onto an extension to the space. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my dear - welcome back to the blogsphere. I finally caught up with you and all your activities on facebook. The store looked swell and you Halloween events were to die for! There are actually more sneaky spaces upstairs that I did not show you.

      Delete