Monday, October 12, 2015

What props do between Nov. 1 and Oct. 1

When I pulled this flocked cat from the storage bin, he had a blackbird in his claws.  It cracked me up like he was amusing himself while tucked away for 11 months. 

 
On a different note, last year when I was taking down my decorations, I broke one of my favorite lamps.  I blogged about in on Nov. 3, 2014.  I finally, after almost a year of it sitting in the storeroom, got around to painting it. In addition, I glued some plastic skulls on the base and recovered the shade.  Here are my results.
 
You can see that crack through the skinny parts



 

11 comments:

  1. Good as new! And what a handsome fellow is beside it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to ooze the blood from the cracks as you suggested but alas, my efforts were not effective.

      Delete
  2. The lamp shade really makes the look complete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a Martha Stewart product. I think I will blog about it because I am very pleased.

      Delete
  3. Lovely job on the lamp, lady M! Hopefully that gets to stay out all year long now, becoming part of the permanent decor? I LOVE the new shade - beats pantyhose any old day. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! You remember the pantyhose!

      Delete
    2. Awwwww, aren't you sweet to think I can remember anything, lady M! I went back and re-read the post. LOL

      Delete
  4. Agree with Ms. Insomniac - Love the lamp, would never take it down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your decoration !!!... and your cat is so cute *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the lamp looks great. I would leave it up all year as well. And the cat story creeps me out lol

    ReplyDelete