Friday, October 9, 2015

Getting into the spirit

Halloween was looking kinda grim for awhile there - no party, no visitors, the prospect of handing candy out to 5 children.  I was thinking minimal decorating and had the blahs about my favorite holiday.

But alas, Halloween is saved.  For me anyhow!! I have a visitor coming! Someone to decorate for and make this effort worthwhile.  So excited I started pulling some more stuff out tonight. 

Here is what I have been working on - the cheesiest Halloween tree in the history of trees.  When I pulled it from it's box tonight, I had to perform the usual gorilla tape surgery just to hold it together.  Then I surrounded it with a lot of glittery crap I bought for $1.99 at post Halloween sales at Michaels and Walgreens.  Alas, it is a sh*$$y Clusterf@#k of Halloween fun.  Mark over at Shingle Creek, no need to comment on my used of gaudy glitter decorations.  Ms. Misanthropia, I know how you feel about crappy box-store, pre-fab trees.  And you're right - this one is pretty awful.  But I don't have the heart to pitch it because we've been through a lot together, so gorilla tape and all, it is gonna see another Halloween.  Surely, one of my readers will like it? Insomniac? Tom? Stacey? Debra?








18 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with the Halloween tree. Nice composition and bonus cute lantern. :o )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I am glad the lighting is low so you cannot see the repairs. I realized from these pictures that I did not hide the cords. Electrical cords are the bane of my existence.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Well thanks - I knew I could count on you Meagan!

      Delete
  3. The lantern is another reject from a bygone era - I broke the pole it hung from long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have an issue with store bought Halloween trees - I just can't get past the x-mas vibes! I think your tree with the ravens is deligtful :)

    I know just how you feel. My decorating got put on hold when I realized we won't have anyone coming over either. We obviously don't have any trick-or-treaters over here, but there also won't be the annual Halloween bash this year. This whole week has been a bummer and the Halloween spirit is nowhere to be found :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are ok with my store bought tree although it is pretty hopeless. I hope you find some inspiration to pull you out of your Halloween blahs. People say Christmas is the most depressing season but for us Halloween lovers without an outlet, it can be pretty gloomy.

      Delete
  5. The cheesier the better, as far as I'm concerned! And Halloween cries out for glittery crap, so how can you go wrong? I like the spooky lantern beside it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Dear! That's so incredible fantastic! Love your decoration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I have some of those glittery skulls from Michael's! I know how that craft/decorating trick works - when in trouble, throw some glitter on it. :) I think your arrangement looks pretty cool, especially with the little lights! It's handy to have a lot of Halloween decorations already when making an arrangement, hey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we shopped the same post Halloween sales last year.

      Delete
  8. I LOVE IT. Seriously! It's creepy looking and I love anything with glitter. Oooooh, shiny. ;)

    I know just what you mean about feeling blah about decorating when nobody's going to see it. I felt the same way until just last week. BUT I GOT COMPANY COMING ON THURSDAY. I'm so excited! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Yay for company! Can't wait to see your pictures!

      Delete
    2. Well, you'll see them lady M, but they won't be my pictures. Oh no. Was that too big a hint? ;)

      Delete
    3. You got AWESOME company coming I suspect!

      Delete