Sunday, January 1, 2012

Rubber

As per the traditional ritual, I had family to visit over Christmas.  They came, we ate, we exchanged gifts, we ate, we did some touristy things, we ate and we watched RUBBER.  Here is my brief synopsis of the movie.  Hopefully, it will not spoil anything for you.


Rubber was the story of a tire named Robert who, without explanation, comes to life in the Southern California desert. As he rolls through his first hours, he discovers that he really enjoys killing. He starts by just rolling over small creatures but soon learns that if he applies his mind, he can telepathically explode larger creatures.  Well, needless to say, this little guy goes on a rampage, falls in love and does all sorts of everyday things you wouldn't expect a tire to do - swim, shower, watch tv. 

This is one weird movie folks and is so unpredictable, it kept us guessing up until the end.  It is so bad, it's good.  My family will talk and laugh about this bizarre little film every Christmas to come.  So if you have an hour and a half to kill, I recommend Rubber.  You'll never see anything like it anywhere.
www.rubberthemovie.com/

5 comments:

  1. HAHA! I will have to Netflix it.

    Funny.. when I saw your entry title, I automatically thought of, "I'm rubber. You're glue.. whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you..." Yeah, I know, it's elementary, but amusing when I think of "Robert".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Robert might live by that code.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend told me about this film a couple months ago and it's been waiting on my DVR for the past couple weeks to watch it. Maybe I will today!

    Happy new year, lady M!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was talking about Rubber today with some people at play practice. Several of them had actually heard of it... but they liked it because it had "great cinematography" and not because the tire watches TV and takes a shower... which was the only reason I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm - a guess I did not notice great cinematography cause, like you, I was watching the tire watch tv. I usually associate cinematography with some epic piece of filmaking like a Merchant-Ivory film.

    ReplyDelete