Friday, January 20, 2012

I haven't played tag since I was 10

I would like to thank BeWitchy for giving me something to Blog about.  I've been blog challenged lately trying to think of Halloween stuff in January so I appreciate her thinking of me. So I have been tagged and here is how it goes.  First I must post the rules:

1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 3 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you have tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 3 people!

So now I must post eleven random things about me.  Hmmm - this could be hard.

1.  Well if you can't guess from my blog, I love horses.  I have been riding for thirty years.  However, I still take a lot of lessons and need a lot of help because I can never be too balanced, soft and light for a horse.  I love everything about them - the way they smell, the way they feel and especially the velvet on the ends of their noses.




2.   I have alway liked weird underground music.  Before there was an internet, I used to go to record stores and search the albums for imports and weird stuff.  It's interesting that the bands I listened to are major influences for new bands. I could have sworn I was the only one listening.  The internet has bought weird communities like that together, hasn't it?



3. When we were little, my sisters and brother and I, used to make little people out of our chewing gum.  Then we would set them in the middle of the street and wait for cars to come by and smash them.  We would all sit on the curb and cheer.  We also used to put pennies on the railroad tracks and wait for the train to come and smashed those.  My mother almost had a heart attack years later when I told her we played on the railroad tracks!  Those were the days!

4.  I have lived in Canada, Switzerland, Minnesota, Illinois, Ohio, New Jersey, and Texas.  I only have to move out west and I will have lived in the North, South, East and West plus the Midwest!


5.  I will eat anything - even bugs! The only food I really don't like is liver and that's just a texture thing - make it into pate' and yum! yum!

6.  I love to garden and live in a climate where it is a 12 month-a -year hobby so I am always planting,weeding, fertilizing and cultivating.  I was told once that I was the only woman in Texas with a compost pile but I know that is simply not true - Bewitchy is starting one any day!



7.  I had to sit jury duty for a murder trial a few year back - that was really a difficult thing to do.  It is  a lot a responsibility to hold someone's fate in your hands.

8.  I am useless with technology - it's all I can do to manage this blog.  Don't ask me to answer your smart phone cause it isn't happening.

9. I have the best husband in the world.  And the best daughter. And the best sisters and nieces and nephew.  In fact, most of my family is pretty kick ass.

10.  I have never been able to spell.



11. I do, however, always know what direction I am facing and what approximate time it is.


So here are the three question posed by Bewitchy when she gave me this daunting task.

1. What fictional character do you pull the most inspiration from and why?

Hmm -this is hard.  There are lots of fictional characters I love but inspiration is tricky.  But the character I would most like to mirror is Elinor Dashwood in Jane Austin's Sense and Sensibility.  I just like the way she behaves herself through the most trying of circumstances.  I wish I had more self control and spent more time thinking about others.

2. If you could transform into any kind of animal for one night, what would it be and what would be on your agenda?

Well this is a no brainer.  I would absolutely be a horse.  I would love to think like a horse, see like a horse, communicate like a horse and react like a horse.  Interactions with humans would be essential - I would love to see how humans made me feel.  What actions I understand and what puzzle me.  It would be great to get inside the brain of a horse for the night.

3. What is a lesson (or saying) that has always held true to you?

This one comes from the Laura Ingalls Wilder book "These Happy Golden Years" and it goes "a body makes his/her own luck be it good or bad".  I really believe this.  I really think we have a profound influence on what we experience during our lives good or bad.  I have known people who I think have had the worst luck and yet they turn negatives to positives.  It's part having a good attitude, part hard work, and part how one treats the world. Bad decisions, however, almost alway lead to bad luck.

Now I have to think of questions.  This could take another hour.

1.  If you had one day in your life you could live again, what would it be? Would you change anything?
2.  Who are the five people you would most like to dine with - dead or alive?
3.  What is your favorite way to spend a totally free Saturday?

I am tagging the following bloggers - I apologize if you have been tagged previously.

Pam Morris from http://labyrinthcreations.blogspot.com/  because she is super nice and so talented

Dee from http://deespookyone.blogspot.com/ because she alway has interesting goth content

Merricat from http://merricatblackwood.blogspot.com/ because she has an amazing grasp of the history and culture of the macabre.

12 comments:

  1. I have learned things about you I never knew.

    But most of this I did know especially when it comes to your inability to use technology.

    I also enjoy the pictures.

    GOOD JOB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a fellow horse lover. My husband, Dave and I used to raise Percherons until an injury caused a major life change. I will never forget the day when we loaded the last horse onto the trailer with its new owners. The silence in the barn was heart wrenching, I cried for hours.
    Your story about the "gum people" made me smile. LOVE your garden pic, makes me long for Spring.

    Really enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purple artic - it's good to know that after 18 years, I can still suprise you.
    Art Bliss - I am so sorry to hear that you had to sell your Percherons. It makes me sad to know you cried for hours. They are a lovely breed - probably my favorite of all the drafts. I especially love the foals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, a game!! Yes - I'm in - thank you so much for choosing me and for your kind words! I may not be able to get to it until after the weekend but, I will do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH JOY! So glad you are going to play. I look forward to your post when you get the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved getting to know you better! This TAG game has been so much fun! :) I am also technologically challenged with these new phones (among other things).. luckily my hubby isn't.

    And I am definitely going to try to get my compost pile started... I have been so busy lately... and amazingly lazy when I do have a bit of free time LOL

    Loved the gum people story and I don't blame your mom for flipping out. My cousin died when her and my step-brothers were playing on the tracks.

    Take care and glad you passed on the torch :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lady M. I wanted to give you more information on that Grave grabber or what it is called one armed grabber. I think Kevin first started it. Here is the link where you can get more information on it. http://www.fulcrumsites.com/haunt/html/the_one-armed_grave_grabber.html

    But I will try to post pictures of what I am going to do with mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark - this grave grabber is so darn cute! Can't wait to see what you do with yours.

      Delete
  8. "most of my family is pretty kick ass"

    Well, you know I'm completely curious about the few who aren't kick ass, now! ;)

    I love learning more about blog buddies through these kinds of posts. It's the best part of these internet memes. I'm still working on my tag post because I got 5 tags!!! One thing's for sure, I'll be breaking the rules! I'll have a nervous breakdown if I have to abide by the protocol x 5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little Gothic Horrors - I could only tell you about our skeletons in private!

      Good luck answering all those questions! You'll be writing that post for hours.

      Delete
  9. Done - sorry it took so long :)
    http://merricatblackwood.blogspot.com/2012/02/tag-in-haunted-parlor.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But so worth the wait my darling - wait an amazing blog! Your life is so cool!

      Delete