Monday, October 24, 2022

Witches

Manitou has a history of witches and wiccan or so the legend goes.  The Harvard Pluralism Project wrote this article about the subject of Manitou Springs and Witches.   It basically says Ted Haggard is full of shit and they couldn't find any witches. But after living here for more than a decade, I have met a few who are both beautiful and good.  However, it is far from a coven.

 Ever wonder where that iconic hat comes from?  A short History of the witch hat here on the Recollections blogs.

 
Etsy has lots of unique and beautiful hats to cater to your inner witch. The one below is called Estella the Curl. You can view it here.  Be sure to read the sellers, Hunting Faeries, description.  She doesn't want any hags in her hats.Estella the Curl Back Witch Hat in Black image 10

I love this hat.  And the seller is from Ukraine so I really think she could use my support. Halloween witch hat image 2 But watch out because she also sells intimate jewelry.   That is, jewelry for your privates.  So you might happen upon that while browsing her store and get an eyeful like I did.  Plus some of her patrons, in their reviews, have sent pictures of themselves wearing their purchases  I can't unsee it but I can warn you.  Browse at your own risk.

Halloween witch hat Gothic magic costume accessories props image 2

This artist, Kthycreations, also makes some gorgeous hats- very opulent and elegant for those special witch occasions.  

Halloween witch hat Gothic magic costume accessories props image 5 

She makes them in lots of colors and styles.  Plus she make beautiful wands.  

Please come to Manitou and dress like a witch.  We have to give the legend some teeth.



9 comments:

  1. Those are such beautiful witch hats, especially the ones by Kthycreations. I think the "alewives" origin theory is probably the correct one. The others are too far-flung and obscure to have made an impact in creating popular European imagery. And speaking of popular imagery, I can see why that Ukrainian website operator is a "star seller," LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she's a star. Can't begrudge her money though. She is probably gonna have to rebuild her house.

      Delete
  2. Such a fun town. I wish I could get there more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me gustan todos los gorros demasiado... Amo tu blog profundamente.

    Noa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Noa. You are so welcome in the Haunted Parlor.

      Delete
  4. Well I went to that site and found you a VERY interesting present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope it is a hat because I don't need jewelry for my privates.

      Delete