Saturday, April 16, 2022

Peeps and Easterween

 Most people do not feel neutral about Peeps - they either love them or abhor them.  When I  was an animal product eater, I enjoyed the peep experience, especially when they got a little stale and  firm.  However, Peeps are full of gelatin made from boiling skin, bones and tendons of animals, somewhat gruesome to contemplate and definitely not on a vegan diet.  They make fine Easterween crafts though, as seen below.

What sort of produce do you think the hackney_haunts carved?
These are a lot of fun from ghouliachilds.
Peep seance' - so clever.

So what is your feeling about peeps? Love em or hate em?
 

6 comments:

  1. "gelatin made from boiling skin, bones and tendons of animals"

    Completely disgusting. I hadn't heard of "peeps" as a food item before seeing this post, but I've long been bothered that so many medications now are available mainly in the form of "softgels" which contain gelatin. It can take some looking to find what one needs in the form of regular pills so it's not accompanied by revolting stuff.

    The Easterween crafts are impressive, especially the colorful pumpkin (peepkin?), but I'd feel a little creeped out if my decorations contained gross stuff from animal corpses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing how bits of corpses turn up in the strangest places.

      Delete
  2. These photos are hilarious (and impressive!) Peeps taste awful, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His Lordship mistakenly bought some peeps this Easter so I gifted them to the kids next door. Hope they are not cussing me out.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Most have strong feelings where Peeps are concerned.

      Delete