Friday, August 6, 2021

The Wedding

The wedding of Baby M and Son of Nell is coming up fast and I really need to begin wrapping my brain around it.  It is not large but is a destination wedding so people are coming from all over.  I live in fear that the new Delta variant could reap havoc on the gathering and curse all the anti-vaxxer idiots who are keeping this pandemic alive.  Hopefully. there will be an exception for a fully vaccinated gathering taking place.   I think my daughters friends are grounded enough in reality to get vaccinated.  I know my family has gotten the jab.  I am not sure about the Groom's side. 
 

Lately I have been trying to get all those crafts finished that have been sitting in totes for 9 months.  Above is skeleton couple that I attached to floral foam and arranged small flowers that I soaked in black dye.

I have also been working on the deer skulls which also sit on a flower base.  Most of these flowers were thrifted and dyed with rit liquid dye.

 

This weekend Baby M is coming over and hopefully we get to decide what is going where and what we still need to accomplish.

On an aside, blogger is behaving really funny this morning.  I have not posted in awhile so might not be abreast of changes they have made. Hope it doesn't have the covid!

 

4 comments:

  1. There have been some blogger changes recently and not for the good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the best for your daughter's wedding. Really thought we were turning the corner on the pandemic but the anti-vaxxers ruined our progress. If more people had bothered to get vaccinated in this country as soon as they were eligible (like we did), the Delta variant wouldn't have been able to get a foothold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's is what my niece who is doing a PHD on epidemiology and public health at Penn State said. If we would all mask up and get a vaccine, this thing could be over in 6 weeks.

      Delete
  3. Not a big fan of the new blogger myself. About the wedding: must not be easy to deal with the extra stress, on top of the one that a wedding always bring.

    ReplyDelete