Monday, August 9, 2021

The Manitou Moonlight Market and Faery Grove Candles

Manitou has a fun new Moonlight Market at the MAC every Friday night that is funded by a MACH grant.  MACH is a tax increase the good folks of Manitou approved last year to fund arts, culture and heritage.

Last Friday was the markets third week and it is booming.  One of my favorite vendors is Noice Foods who makes the yummiest vegan treats like cupcakes, spring rolls, and salad dressings.  Their cashew cheese is to die for.

But for sheer fun nobody beats Faery Grove Candles.   The stall featured lots of great macabre designs with delicious fragrances.  Here are some pictures I snapped for your enjoyment.

See no evil...




 
I purchased the red beauty below - a skull made up of lots of little skulls.  The fragrance reminds me of a perfume worn by my Great Aunt Helen.  She has long since passed but when I notice the candles scent, I swear she is there - spooky!



You can view more of works here in the Etsy store and maybe even get one of your own Faery Grove Candles.

9 comments:

  1. It probably takes a long time to carve one of those candles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee - your so funny! She uses paraffin/soy blend for the detailed ones as soy alone will not pick up the intricate detail of the mold. I don't burn paraffin because it is kinda toxic but that beauty will never get burned - it is too cool.

      Delete
  2. Noticed the intricate details of the bones inside the eye sockets of the skull made of little skulls. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. I could add a skull candle to the other decorative candles that never get used. 120 year old house so no live flames to tempt fate.
    Oh, and I left you a note on my blog only if you want one of those plates leave me a note over there so I see it. If they still have them I'll nab you one. That goes for anything you might need help with for the wedding. :o )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just about everything I took pics of last week is gone in the store including the dishes. Sorry. They got the Halloween shower curtain in today.

      Delete
    2. Wow - you said it was going fast and you weren't kidding. Thanks for the thought, though. It was very sweet of you to offer to get one.

      Delete
    3. People swoop in and buy all the dishes to sell on Ebay. That plate is on Ebay search for Royal Stafford. The plate is Til death do us part. Some sellers are spelling it Till. Drives me nuts since I had to pay a lot to get the rest of the slide plates I needed 2 years ago.

      Delete