Sunday, October 18, 2020

More Skeletons for your Sunday Enjoyment

 I took a walk in town yesterday to scope a few more skeletons for you consideration.  I was a little disappointed as a lot of shops are just recycling last years designs.  Not surprised though - profit margins must be thin and perhaps there is not a lot of motivation to do anything spectacular- 2020 being the shit show that it is.

Over at the Green Horse Gallery, they have come up with a new idea - something relevant to this year.

Yes it is a voter filling out her mail in ballot.  If Trump sees this he's gonna be tweet-screaming "voter fraud".


The Keg also has something new - is this Yoda or a Jawa or one of those Koala things - what were they called?  Ewoks (thanks to Lord M for that bit of information).  Or perhaps it is just death with a lily.




The Barker House has a couple of Painted Beauties sitting on the railings. I just wished they had bothered to take the tag off of the black one.




Mushroom Monday has a neat display featuring a mom, a dog, a cat and two babies in a carriage.  Pretty cool for a store that used to feature a lot of crosses.  Perhaps they have new management because their Halloween merch is rocking.  I took multiple pictures as it was hard to get everything in one.




Lane Mitchell, the jeweller who created my daughter's engagement ring, has a pirate with some booty.  In the past they have given us the Queen of Hearts and Marie Antionette.


Well I hope you enjoyed this collection.
Did you have a favorite?



13 comments:

  1. These were all good but I like my girls with a little meat on their bones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liked the one filling out the ballot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They really put some thought and work into these. It's a fun tradition. I guess that sort of bronze-colored one on the railing must have mini lights in the eye sockets. Very demonic.

    Trump is just mad because he's trailing among skeleton voters, a critical demographic. I like "persisterhood" -- surprised I haven't seen that before.

    The shroom store put on quite an elaborate display. Maybe they can repurpose all their old crosses for a Halloween graveyard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep they persist even after death - pretty impressive.

      Delete
  4. I love the voter and I want that skelly dog's hat! The Green Horse Gallery's business sign is strikingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need more skeletons and macabre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you talking society in general or just your neck of the woods?

      Delete
  6. What a nice tour, I enjoyed it. Thanks for taking me along. I really like the mail ballot one.

    ReplyDelete