Wednesday, October 7, 2020

I had the dream

I had the dream in which I am not ready for Halloween- hordes of trick or treaters at the door and I have no candy, no decorations and no costume! Aaaaaaah!

Walking through town the other day, I realized how behind I am on my decorating.  A lot of houses already have some really great displays. Here are a few snaps:





I better get a move on but his Lordship wants to trim the trees before the grave yard goes up and that needed to wait till after bird migration. Hopefully it will all come together soon.  Who else is decorating this year? 

11 comments:

  1. We put out a bunch of stuff (inside) back in early August (I have a very excited 7 year old and, with covid, we're just playing fast and loose with social norms right now!) and we've been slowly adding to it. Probably will put some stuff outside this weekend. I alwyas love seeing everyone else's decorations as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by the Haunted Parlor. Very ambitious of you to have the decorations out in August. I usually do that but this year covid has got me feeling kind of blah.

      Delete
  2. We have had a similar nightmare many times over the years where either we forgot to buy pumpkins or hadn't yet carved them, or hadn't set up the haunt hours before the trick-or-treaters would be arriving. And sometimes the nightmares occur no where near October, probably because planning the next Halloween haunt is always in our subconscious 365.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - I have it all year long too. Just a new anxiety dream to replace those awful school dreams where I can't find my locker or remember the combo and the exams are coming up and I have not been to class all semester.

      Delete
  3. Already!? I have that exact same dream every October, but it hasn't happened this year. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I thought the ghost and Frankenstein are positioned very well.

      Delete
  5. Love these pics, especially the Jack O'Lantern with the scarecrow body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like him too - especially with his beautiful flowers.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete